Sunday, April 10, 2011

My Guilty Kitchen Pleasure

Butter is one of my guilty pleasures in the kitchen because enhances the flavor and smoothes the texture of every dish I make.  You could call it my “kitchen crutch.” Take fresh salmon filet, for example. I put a couple of thin slices of butter on top before baking it in the oven, and the fish just melts in my mouth. I used to just cover the fish with a stir-fry or sesame sauce. Fresh from the oven, it tasted good, but it could be crusted over and a little dry in spots. For sure, it was never leftover material. Now that I put a couple slices of butter on top of the sauce, it tastes moist whether it’s just been made or has been in the fridge for a couple days.  I’ll make three or four pieces at a time. It’s great for date night and then for one more meal after that.

What you’ll need:
1 ¼ lbs. of salmon filet, cut in thirds or fourths
Sauce
Butter


Directions:
Preheat oven to 350F.
Cover metal tray with aluminum foil.
Wash off fish. Layer with sauce of your choice (I like sesame!). 
(Tip: For maximum flavor, sauce should entirely cover top of fish.)
Line up pieces of fish on metal tray.
Put a slice of butter on each side of each piece.
Cook for 35 minutes.
Take out and serve.



For a quick side dish: Cook broccoli with a little water in the microwave for 3 ½ minutes.  
Other sides: couscous, baked potato, mashed potatoes


No comments:

Post a Comment