Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Chili Days of January!

Today we were hit with another flurry of flakes that covered the streets making the commute to work an adventure and taking the dog outside miserable. When the weather is wicked outside I really just want to enjoy something hot, satisfying and filling. A big bowl of chili and warm slice of cornbread often does the trick for satisfying my taste buds and hunger on these cold winter evenings .





There are many chili recipes out there but I found one of my favorites in Anne Quinn Corr’s cookbook the Seasons of Central Pennsylvania. Don Plott’s Make Your Own Chili recipe provides the guidelines for creating your own fabulous dish. You can select your base (liquid) of choice, water, beer or red wine along with your preference for meat and beans. It’s quick, hearty, easy and seriously delicious. It does make enough for a crowd, so I oftentimes freeze leftovers in individual containers for days when I want to heat up something for a quick, healthy meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment